Top Baby Blogs

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Some of My Savings for Week March 28th to April 3rd

I have been working pretty hard to make sure I save the most money on our weekly grocery shopping trips.  This week I actually got some awesome deals on new products I wanted to try plus with my mom's help I got some Bath and Body Works Wallflowers for our home.  I love the Wallflowers because they keep the house smelling very nice all the time.  People who visit our home can't tell we have 4 cats and 3 litter boxes!!  Needless to say, their Wallflowers work great!!  I got  two holders for their pocket size Antibacterial Hand Gel, one Wallflower Refill, 2 Wallflower starter kits, 1 Odor eliminating Spray, a travel size of their new scent Vanilla Lemon, and 1 bottle of Aromatherapy Body Wash.  I paid $23.92 after coupons.  
I went to Target and thanks to Totally Target I was able to get some awesome deals.  I got Lysol No Touch Hand Soap System for all our bathrooms in the house, 2 AirWick iMotion Oil Warmer, 2 AirWick iMotion Freshmatic, some travel size items like 2 Degree deodorants, 2 Arm and Hammer toothpaste, 2 Clean and Clear facial scrub, 2 St. Ives Facial scrub, 1 St. Ives Body Lotion, and 1 Gillette Satin Care Shaving Gel.  My mom went with me and she got 2 Soft Scrub, 2 Swiffer products, a Lysol No Touch System, and a Scrubbing Bubbles product. I ended up paying a total of $37.47 including tax.  We saved, according to the Target receipt, $115.12.  So we got $153 worth of household items and only paid $37.47.  Now that is AWESOME!  Plus we get to try some items we wanted to try.  Very cool!!
Earlier in the week, I went to Publix.  I got some groceries and spent $31.48.  According to the Publix receipt I saved $49.32 after coupons and Buy One Get One offers and other in store specials.  I used $18.50 worth of coupons.  Not too bad!
I basically try to spend sometime organizing my shopping list, downloading and printing coupons online, looking thru my coupon box and placing it all in an envelope.  Once I am ready to go shopping all I have to do is grab my list and STICK TO IT!!  I am trying to save some of our budget money so I can get a laptop.  My PC is a bit old and is getting slow on me plus with a 2 year old running around most of the day, I can take my laptop anywhere I take him and can get more things done.   

No comments:

Post a Comment